Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Special moments, special friends

I was reading one of my favourite blogs the other day, http://www.jengray.com/ Jen is an amazing photographer with a warm spirit and a great outlook on life. She was writting about a friend of hers that have shared her journey and it got me thinking of all those special people who are still in my life, Hayley who I have known since she was two weeks old (she is two weeks older then me!!), who now lives in Australia, Michelle whom I met when we were at Habonim Camp, we were all of 15, and she now lives in England, Di my high school buddy, Andi who met me at 20 when I was dancing on a table at a 21st party and is my rock today. Dani who flits into NY and we get to catch up and connect again and again, Angie who taught me how to shop, there are just so many of you, scattered around the world and I am so glad to know you. There are so many wonderful people who have stood by me, who are not bound by blood but by a bond so much stronger and I am so grateful to know you all and have you in my life, the world would have less light, grow darker, days would dissapear into obscurity instead of all the treasured memories we have created. I think of the Vaal and all those great adventures, UCT and the fun of living in Cape Town, I feel so full. I love that I have all those memories to carry along my journey through life, to put a smile on my face or keep me warm on a cold day. How fortunate I feel to know you all and have this treasure chest in my soul. So to you all, raise your cup of coffee, tea or sparkling water and drink a toast to all the memories we have created and the bond we share. Thank you for all that you do and the part of me that will for ever be with you.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals