Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Friday, January 14, 2005

Mommy Moment

I get a rather worried call from Nikki's school today. They are just calling to let me know that my new housekeeper is not packing lunch for Nikki and perhaps I should remind her that Nikki's extended days are Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, as this is the second day that Nikki has not brought lunch.

The proverbial penny drops within seconds - hey I am mom, I woman, see me roar :) no, Miss Barbara I say (still having a tough time calling a married woman, old enough to be my mother Miss Barbara), the new housekeeper did not pack her lunch, I did, and I do not place the bags at the front door unless they have a lunch bag in them.

My darling 4 year old devil decided to upgrade her lunch, I feed my kids really healthy food, we keep NO JUNK at home and they get fruit, veggies, turkey, yogurt, etc for lunch. Nikki worked out that if she did not have lunch the teachers run around in a tizz and organize her lots of delightful tidbits, pizza bagels, chicken nuggets and yes a cookie.

So tonight Josh and I bravely took on this strong willed little creature we call Nikki. Where did you throw out your lunch today I ask, no reply. I ask again. Still no reply. Big brown eyes behind ringlets as she shrugs her shoulders. Nikki, I say, I know you threw out your lunch I just want to know where. I won't get angry if you tell me the truth but if you lie I will not take you to Cami's princess party. Straight, boldfaced lie, I don't remember she says. Josh turns on the muscle, perhaps I need to take you to the police station, because you know what the policemen do to liars he says. Big eyes look even bigger, the dark ringlets nod a yes. tears brimming. I don't remember, she says. Josh says, Nikki I hope you understand that if the school thinks mommy is not feeding you, they will take Mommy away and you will never see her again. Floodgate opens, eyes return to normal size beneath the tears. It turns out my dear little terror was hiding it on the bus. I sure hope they clean those buses every day or someone is going to be smelling some really bad yogurt on Monday Morning. Nikki, Nikki, Nikki.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals