Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Thursday, December 23, 2004

Karma

It is weird. I don't look at myself as a needy person. I don't think I come across as a poor person. Josh and I work hard. We have an almost great house (it has taken a lot of work and is looking awesome but still needs a bit more work). We manage to send our kids to camp for 8 weeks every year, we have both taken trips to London this year, two trips to Florida and are off on holiday next week to Rocking Horse Ranch www.rhranch.com We have had some seriously tough financial times and we have had good times, but through it all we have tried to keep our dignity and our belief in each other strong.

I seem to give off weird vibes and it makes people give me stuff. Just out of the blue. I have an acquaintance in the neighbourhood who gives me all her daughter's hand me downs, THE most unbelievable stuff. I live in a really Japie/Kugelish neighbourhood - she only buys the best and my girls reap the benefit. I would never buy ESPRIT, Beneton, DKNY, Flowers by Zoe or Ralph Lauren for them, her daughter wears those brands exclusively. I have bought so few clothes for Ry as a result and Nikki never gets anything - she has more clothes then I have ever seen, even after me giving two huge bags of stuff to Josh's cousins. People have offered us tables, chairs, sofas etc. I was dinkum starting to get a complex.

Case in point - I did a closing yesterday with this hysterical attorney whose name also happens to be Tammy. It is our second closing together. The first well over a year ago she sent me $100 too much and told me to keep it for all the good work I did. Then at last nights closing we got into a whole chat about our kids. She has a 7 year old daughter who is not into Barbie anymore and has a closet full of Barbie stuff some still with tags on it. Keep in mind this is only our second meeting. Next thing I know today, she comes to my house, quite out her way, to bring me a huge bag of Barbie stuff. Next week she is bringing me a Barbie Bike because her daughter refuses to ride it because it is not cool and is getting a new bike for Christmas. I have protested her generosity but she insists on bringing me more stuff.

I called Heid afterwards, a bit perturbed as to what I project. I have seen Tammy at closings where I wear business suits, I always look professional, I don't wear jewellery as I go to a lot of lousy areas, but I am professional and put together. Heid's answer and I love her for this, was that it was Karma, she said, seeing as I do so much for so many people its the Universes way of giving back to me. I just loved that. I had never thought of that - wow that made me take stock. I hate being seen as needy, and have always been a believer in what you do comes back to you to either haunt you or help you. I do hope she is right as I do so love her version.

Merry Christmas to all my pals who celebrate it - hope its a good one.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals