Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Thursday, December 23, 2004

Brotter Vs FEDEX

Last week was Ebay today its FEDEX. Holy cow! I am so friggin mad. Here's the story, as a Title Closer one of my responsibilities is to pay off peoples mortgages. I attend the closing, do all I have to do and then three days later either pick up the checks or have them sent by FEDEX to my home. About two weeks ago I get a call from a bank attorney saying that one of my payoffs never made it. Now for all my disorganization I keep amazing records and people at work know me to be incredibly organized and together - a manageable cover seeing as they only see me for short stretches of a few hours at a time. So I track my package which had been sent 6 weeks earlier to find that FEDEX had indeed lost the package. I spoke to a most apologetic FEDEX rep, real sweet lady and she assures me that FEDEX will reimburse me for the interest that was lost. I found out about the missing package on a Friday Night - it took until Tuesday to get Citibank to generate an updated payoff, get new checks written, new affidavits signed - the mortgage was short $1,800.00, the clients were out an additional $400.00 in money that should have been refunded to them. So everyone is happy .... right???

Yeah right, call their claims department to find out that they are happy to tell me that they have settled my claim, I said wonderful, they said yes, your check for $100 is being sent to you tomorrow. At which point I LOST it. Here I had asked the Title Company to cover me for the shortfall until FEDEX reimburses them. I have spent a good part of the past two days fighting with them and going up the chain of command to find out that they will not do anything as their policy only covers $100 if you don't declare the value of the contents and then if you do declare the contents they are only responsible for up to $500 its on the small print on the back of the airbill. I told them that I was too much of a lady to tell them where to shove their $100 and airbill. My problem was not the value of the contents of the airbill but the consequential value of them not getting it to the bank on time. Not only are the customers out of money and the Title Company but this will also show up on the customers credit report as being a payment that was late past 30 days. I spoke with Josh's lawyer and he feels there is a very good case for small claims court. I have faxed him the info and if he thinks it is a good idea I am going to file a claim against FEDEX. Little me against FEDEX.

I have to say I am so appalled, I was brought up to believe my word is my bond, not sometimes but always, if I make a promise I stand by it, no matter what. Sometimes to my detriment other times to my benefit but always to my word. Why is it that FEDEX can promise to deliver ontime and when they don't there are no ramifications??? America is such a litigeous (sp?) soceity and I think its because we don't have a choice, when I had my car accident I was told to sue, I chose not to - suing people or companies is not my thing and my health insurance will pick up the cost of correcting my issues with that, and we took a big financial hit on the minivan. Now I would never sue FEDEX if they stood by their product I would dissapear never to be heard from again. BUt they leave me no choice, I have better things to do with $2,200.00 then pay for their mess up.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals