Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Friday, December 17, 2004

Don't mess with me........

Its funny, I don't view myself as a confrontational person. I love to push the envelope and see peoples reactions, sometimes getting more then I bargained for, I spend a lot of time delving into what makes people tick and I love watching what unfolds when they are faced with certain situations that they can't deal with. That being said I am a wimp of sorts, I will be patient and nice but once I reach a certain point there is just no turning back, I just don't know how to give up. I guess that is what made me stick it out in the States when most (sane) people would have packed it in and moved back. I have really toned down my killer instinct - yes this is toned down :) as it does not always gel with being a parent and I truly want what is best for the little souls who share my heart.

That being said I won the most gorgeous antique desks on e-bay. I paid immediately through paypal. No desks. I was nice. I was patient. Got reassurances from the seller every week that he would be delivering them to my house, two weeks later - nothing, three weeks later - nothing. Contacted e-bay and launched a campaign to get all the people who were bidding on his items to withdraw but I got him suspended and my money back. Don't mess with me.

I am not sure if it was being brought up in a home where my folks are such hard workers and were all so dedicated to what they did, but Heid, Nin and I all have an unbelievable work ethic (which I believe is true of most South Africans) and none of us know how to do a half job. All three of us run our own businesses. I have to say out of all the things I have achieved becoming a Title Closer is one of the things I am most proud of, I did not quit, it took over a year for me to find someone to train me and I worked even harder to get business for myself. I have developed a great name for myself in the industry and I have to say I truly love what I do. I love being financially rewarded for my time, I find the work interesting and I meet amazing people. I have developed many friendships and feel very fortunate to have the opportunity to do what I do. I think part of what makes me successful at it is my training at Advanced Credit Bureau, my mom's debt collection company. As a young kid from around the age of 8, holidays and some Saturdays were spent working there and let me tell you it was unbelievable ground work for getting through doors that no-one else can. I know one thing for sure, as a parent my kids will work whether it be babysitting or being a waitress to learn the pride and independence that comes with a job well done.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals