Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Saturday, December 04, 2004

A Perfect Pregnancy Moment (not mine :)

My cousin Darren and his wife Laura live about 20 minutes from me. His mom and my mom are sisters. They are expecting their second child in April. We made plans to get together last Sunday and Josh was kind enough to take the kids off my hands for the whole day, I really needed a day to get stuff done. So I called Laura to say we can't get together as arranged maybe we can do it another time. She said no problem why don't you guys come over next weekend and we can all have lunch or dinner at our place. We chatted for a while about our plans and I wrote it in my agenda/diary :) A few days later my friend Debie called and said why don't we all come to their house on Sunday. Sounds great I say. Good she says. I did not have my diary with me and on Friday I remember to write it in, only to see I have double booked the date. So I called Debie to see if it was ok with them if they came to my house instead and I would just invite Darren and Laura here. I called Laura to check if it was ok with her, and she had no recollection of inviting us over, she even said that Darren never told her about our chat. I really laughed when I told her that it was actually her who had invited us over. (Talk about a pregnancy moment - boy can I relate).

So obviously it has now grown from a tame 3 family get together to 25 people coming over for a Sunday afternoon feast.

As a side note the poor woman (Laura) had such a rough week, they are ripping out the pool in their backyard, the contractor accidentially pulled down her second story deck while doing it. A piece of wood from the deck flew into her second story brand new Anderson sliding glass door and shattered it. The glass from the door scratched her two day old dining room table - now that is what classifies as a bad day. Of course she now has glass everywhere and has to keep her three year old away from the two story high hole in the wall. Shame felt so bad for them. The good news is their house is looking absolutely stunning and they are getting all the construction out the way before the baby comes.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals