Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Monday, January 03, 2005

Happy New Year!!!!

What a year 2004 was. I have to say for Josh and I we had a good one and really treasure our thoughts, memories and friends we have made.

For New Years, we went on our first real family vacation to a place called Rocking Horse Ranch www.rhranch.com we had an ab fab time. Josh likened it to a cruise ship. The kids had an absolute riot and its the kind of place you could be as busy as you desired. It was a great 5 days. There was camp for the kids from 9am until 5pm every day with tons of other activities from horseriding, snow tubing, skiing to swimming in the indoor pool. Josh is the kind of man who does not stop moving all year round so he took the opportunity to read a book, watch tv and relax. The kids were in contsant motion and I took complete advantage of all there was to do, Horseriding, snowtubing (while it lasted - it was too warm and the snow tube run melted), and skiing for the first time in about 15-20 years. I loved the skiing and doing it without excess weight was such a treat, my knees and ankles did not feel any stress. I was surprised how much came back and how much I absolutely LOVED it!!! They had an instructor for the kids who at best was mediocre, Ry did not get the hang of it and little Nikki was shown once and then took to it like a little ducky to water. This bundled little person showed no fear as she went down the little hill time and again.

I also had the opportunity to devour a book, I would say read but I truly gorged on it and read through it in two days - I can't even remember the last time I read something for pure pleasure that was not a magazine. The food was plentiful and as with the cruise ships we put on the poundage. We also met some really nice people and are meeting up with two families who live nearby in a few weeks. It was quite a distance to travel to meet all people from Long Island, the majority of the people seemed to live within 15 minutes of us.

I must say it was a goood ending to a good year and hopefully the good beginng will carry through to this year.

Good wishes and love and kisses to you and yours this year, may 2005 be a good one for all of us.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals