Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

A day in the life......................

Its an interesting concept - life. Here we are all doing what it is we do and there are times when I just stop, take a look at all that is going on around me, try and grasp some of the concepts that are out of my grasp - how is it that the world spins and I can drive my car with my world spinning at the same time. How is it I can have a night of passion and create a soul. How is it that I meet people I barely know and feel like I know them forever. Smells that transport me back to different places, times and events. My grandmother wafts past me in the scent of woman wearing Tea Rose, the safety net of childhood in a taste, a tune a thought. The orgasmic look of a child as they suck on their pacifiers. How some news stories make me wonder how horrible the subjects life is, how sad, scared, or freaked out they may be by the event that is ruling their life and I am having a great day or visa versa. How unaffected we are by eachothers lives. How subjective the world is and how great the gifts within it are. How some days I feel a fog around me while the sun shines bright or there is such a lightness in my soul that the storm outside is not reflected in my outlook.

I spent today with a really good friend of Nikki's mom, we did the COSTCO, hang out huck and do lunch - it was so much fun, those are the gems of my life, uncomplicated moments where I get to do something productive and have a good laugh while doing it. I do take time out of my day to acknowledge the good and thank G-d for all the beauty in my life. Amazing, until I learned to cherish the little things in life I never got to enjoy them as much as I do, and the joy in that is there are so many little things in every day to enjoy that it makes everyday limitless in its possibility for enjoyment. Sheeesh reading this I sound stoned out of my bracket - guess I must have had one for the road 20 years ago and its still working through my system. Hope you all find the beauty in the little things that surround you.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals