Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

6 a.m.

6 a.m. is really early for me. I am not a morning person and I need tons of sleep to function. My kids however do not share my point of view. When Ry was born, Josh and I made the decision to put them to bed early so that they could get enough sleep and he and I could get some time to spend together. We knew they trade off was early mornings. By 6am I have two warm, wiggly bodies shnuggled right next to me. It is one of the most delicious moments of my day and I truly cherish it. I guess it would be just as special at 7pm but hey what is one to do. The kids know it is not time for a lively debate and they can lie and kiss and cuddle as long as they want but if they get rowdy its out of there and time for them to get ready for school. Hey, I wasn't kidding, I really am not a morning person.

Today I was woken up to a little whisper, by a little girl with a little voice. Who's the birthday girl she asked. Glazed eyes see a mass of curls and pearly white teeth. I have birthday kisses for the birthday girl she says. I smile back as she proceeds to cover my face with tiny wet kisses. What a great way to celebrate my day. How did I get so lucky? Feel so blessed. Birthday kisses at 6 a.m. a delicious treat!!! Josh waited until 7am before he left (he is usually at work by 7am) so we could have family shnuggle time. I feel very fortunate to feel so loved, I never in my wildest dreams imagined that this is what love was all about.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals