Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Family moments

Today concluded two weeks of family bonding. Having ones family spread around is really hard, I am fortunate in that Heid is a two hour plane ride and my folks a few minutes away. When we are together the gap is huge, looking at Heid's two boys gaed 2 and 5 they are so big, so grown up. I barely know Joey and he did not know his aunt. The last time I saw him was in February and in his short life that is just too long. The kids all had a ball, Gary had a few sleepovers with his cuzzies which was great and yet another reason why we will not be having a thrid child :) He is a very special boy, gentle and laid back with a curiosity that is remarkable. He discovered things in my house that my kids never ever gave a second glance to childlocks, gates, mechanics. His little mind constantly turning. He reads too beautifully and is just a great kid. They all had a great time.

Saturday was a very special day, we packed the kids up and went shopping and for lunch, the three aunts and the four kids. It is one of those day one treasures. I then dropped my brood off with my hubby as they got ready to go out to their cousin Amanda's birthday party (J's first cousins daughter). I got dressed up because we did our annual visit to Manhattan with my dad. He makes a point of taking his girls out to a play and dinner whenever we are together. It is such a treat and we all appreciate the time together. There is something about a dad and how his girls see him as their hero, I still do. My daddy is getting old but I am so grateful to him and all he doe sin my life. Josh always says how hard it is following in my dads footsteps and it is, my dad is a tough act to follow. He spoils us rotten. How lucky we are.

Sunday was Nikki's party. We had 27 kids there, she had a ball. I was sut, I must say we got home late the night before and it has been non stop running. Friday Night we were up late doing goody bags, I have been hitting the supermarket at 7am to make sure we had everything for the mammoth BBQ/Braai we had planned for after the party. My cousin Darren, his two boys, my sisters, my two nephews and both sets of granparents came for a braai of note, my dad bought T-bone (Porterhouse) steaks so huge we needed to get platters to serve them. Nikki scored unbelievable loot and had a great time. She is 5, all growed up. So delicious.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals