Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Nocturnal South Africans

We did the Family Fun Day on Friday, it was a huge success. I made personalized Bingo cards for the kids of them and their classmates along with pics of Ryan and the things she loves to do. Brotter Bingo was a huge success. My sister, Ninnette and my mom joined me. We brought a whole lot of SA literature and goodies, spoke about SA. To illustrate how far South Africa is from New York, I showed them on a huge map how far it was to Florida from New York and how much further it was to SA, well they were told to ask questions and raised their hands the first 5 questions were all about their grandparents who live in Florida or their latest to Disneyworld. Nin decided to try and explain to them about the time difference and how it was now 2pm in NY therefore it was 8pm in South Africa. One little boys eyes grew wide as he raised his hand, excitedly wanting to ask us a question, Oh he says, I know exactly what you mean, people in South Africa are like bats and owls and only come out at night. There was just no convincing him that we were not nocturnal. So we ended up with a class of kids thinking South Africa is like Florida and that people sleep during the day and only come out at night - who says I don't have a career in education.............

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals