Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Peace prevails...................

Not sure if it is more hectic during the summer or the school year, all I know is life is passing at the speed at light. Ryan is doing remarkably well, I think in spite of everything we are now in a really good place, my friend Loren really helped me put things in their place with a really astute saying, what we resist, persists. I had never heard it and I have to say along with that and her comment of how some things just can't be under my control, really helped, I managed to finally let go, we started a new medication. I had really faught meds and wanted to use foods as the only control. The foods combined with the meds have made a huge difference. In a week it is like having a new kid in my home. I think we all chilled out. Along with her words of wisdom, Loren found some costume jewellery that is completely unlike anything I would ever have bought for myself and I just loved it and feel fabulous when I wear it. I got a complete overhaul in one session, sheesh may have to sign up for Loren therapy big time.

Nikki is loving Kindergarten, how could she not seeing as she has our favourite teacher, Ms. Ambrose. I am so connected with her teacher, we still e-mailed eachother once Ryan left her class. She is the kind of teacher you dream of, warm, beautiful inside and out. She gives so much love to these kids and they just grow into such spectacular hujman beings under her care.

My sister Ninnette is here for the holidays, the girls love their Aunt Nin, they ave a great time with her and she has really spoiled them. She has been roped into doing family events with both kids in the classroom, every year I get asked to do a South African presentation for the kids and they all love it. Funnily enough when I was at Ry's meet the teacher night there were numerous parents there whose kids had been with Ryan in Kindergarten and they came up to me and told me what an impact it had on their kids. Who knew a few songs, pictures and some candy from a foreign land could be imbeded in their memories. Love that they all have a piece of South Africa with them.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals