Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Weeks end

I posted on my guilt trip the latest updates with Ryan. That has set the tone for the week. Been hectic and emotional. The emotional responsibility of parenthood has been a tough one. I feel suffocated by it at times. I have never known the love that I know, these girls have captured me heart and soul, I am so grateful to them for what they have added to my life.

Work has taken off as it is the end of the month, everyone and their mother wants to close by the end of the month especially before the start of the school year. We start school on Wednesday in our district, the kids are excited at the prospect. I am thrilled as Nikki has got the teacher Ryan had for Kindergarten, Ms. Ambrose is like a princess with Long blond hair, big green eyes and the warmest soul you could ever imagine. She is the best introduction one could ever hope to have when entering "big school". I always joke that I am not ready to let go of her and Ryan has not been in her class for 2 years. I still e-mail her and she is just such an integral force in our lives. She started us on our road with Ryan and for that I am forever grateful.

I really did not get to spend much time with the kids this week as I was working until really late every night, not coming home until after 9pm most nights. It has been a great week in terms of that and my biggest client has hooked up with a new client so they will be keeping me busier for the next few months. I look forward to it and am enjoying the activity after a really slow summer. I do have momentary pangs of guilt when the kids are calling me and begging me to come home and shnuggle with them. Nikki has done a complete turnaround and now goes to sleep later, only waking up at 7:30am which is great but I do so miss those 6:30am shnuggles with that little body pressed against mine as she gives me hugs and kisses. So delicious.

The weekend has begun...................... Josh took Ryan for bloodwork at 7am this morning and they went for breakfast so Nikki and I could spend some time together.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals