Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Mamma Yama

On Tuesday Night I went out with the "gals", I have been fortunate to meet a great group of woman through the friends Nikki has made at her pre-K school. These kids have an incredible bond that I hope we as parents manage to foster for them to have as they go through life. There is nothing like a friend you have had forever.

We went to a really great place called Bistro Citron ( http://www.bistrocitron.com/ ), we had such a divine time, I can't remember the last time I laughed so much. They are an ecclectic group of woman who leave their ego's at the door. They range from high powered executives, creative geniuses (know you are gonna love that one Loren) to stay at home moms. They are smart woman with a vested interest in their kids and it shows, a great bunch of kids who are a representation of parents who have brought them up. The heading for my post came from one of the mom's who is a stay at home mom whose kids did not go to camp over the summer, she created Mamma Yama's day camp, where the kids made a suggestion box and filled it with ideas of what they want to do over the summer.

Last night I got my Mah Jongg fix. We have really managed to form a lovely group, my friend Lisa and I were fortunate enough to do the course with two lovely ladies, we really have a great time and we make up the rules as we go along. None of us really care about winning (just losing) and we let people take back a tile, do redo's, for some reason I kept ending up with three more tiles then I was meant to have and I have to say I have no idea how that happened. We all can laugh about our stupidity and it feels great to be connected to woman I truly enjoy.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals