Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Restored faith

Its amazing, I have been on quite a quest over the past year with Ry and it has been hard. The hardest part was the doctor who dropped us (Jeffrey Lally) in the middle of treatment because his wife had a baby - ok let me tell you sunshine, I popped two of those puppies out and Josh recovered remarkably well from the labor and the c-sections that invariably followed. His body bounced back and he even lost his man boobs - hello - idiot what kind of crap is that - your wife has a baby and you can't work????? I really felt let down I had felt like we were on a great path and this shmuck just left us high and dry, I then landed at Ms. Weird-o's door and have to say - holy crap, done with that. I spoke to my pediatrician who really does not know much about alternative medicine, he is an amazing man who has suffered incredible personal tragedy, when he accidentally killed his son ( this is the story if you want to read it http://www.detnews.com/2003/autosinsider/0308/10/b01-240087.htm ), Dr. Greg is a dedicated Doctor who if he is out on a Saturday night and I call in with one of my kids being under the weather, his locum will give me advice, Dr. Greg calls me when he returns from his night out and then calls me on Sunday morning to see if I want to bring which ever child in to see him. He really values Josh and my advice when it comes to Dr's and referrals and uses everyone we approve as we go to such great lengths to research most of the dr's we use, unfortunately this was out of his realm as all he knows are the prescription drugs and I am so not into those. He referred me back to an allergist that I had taken the girls to when they were babies. The allergist, Steven Weiss took 45 minutes to discuss the issues at hand with me, he told me he could not help me but referred me to an array of doctors who could. I was so touched by this man who has not seen me in years, he too is a dedicated doctor of note, a man who came in over a long weekend to see me because I had a violent allergic reaction to Vitamin E (no one else in the world is allergic to vitamin E -only me!!!).

I called his list the people were very kind and helpful, I ended up calling a supposed expert, a Dr. Boris whose assistant answered the phone and informed me that they do not take insurance and the first visit is $750.oo when I questioned the amount she slammed the phone down on me with words along the line of that is his fee, no negotiation, slam. Must be good to be so independent. Was not calling him back after that intro.

I had a great feeling about the natropath I met before (see the weird story on Friday June 10th's post), and decided to call her. It was so wonderful to be embraced by her warmth and optimism. Unfortunately she too does not accept insurance and it has been a helluva year of dealing with alternative doctors which insurance companies do not recognize as legitimate and we end up paying huge sums out of pocket. We worked out for what we paid last year we could have bought a luxury car and paid cash for it. It will be worth it in the end. I already have the easy going Ryan back and that is worth every penny.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals