Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Oh what a night

Talk about taking out all the stops. Our friend's Stacey and John threw a party of note. We arrived at the party, they had two valets to park the cars, we walked past their three husky security guards to the most amazing sight, they transformed their entire backyard into a 70's wonderland. They had colored fairy lights around their gazebo, 15 tables with with those, I want to call them "hair lamps" which have fibre optic threads that glow different colors. Huge lava lamps around the pool and in the garden. A DJ with some profeesional dancers - it was awesome. She had a whole army of waitstaff bringing around the most delicious array of food. Not to mention a huge Italian buffet. John was dessed as John Travolta, Stacey looked like a 70's babe of note - it was so much fun.

There was another couple there (their daughter is Sydney in the party pics from the 26th of July), we all danced the night away. Sheesh talk about a party and a half. My friend Loren was in India on business and was really missed by all of us, her husband arrived in his orange bell bottoms with a huge Chai on his chest, his shirt unbuttoned to his waist, he was a riot. We had so much fun. Josh was dressed as a hippie, bandana, vest/waistcoat - the works.

The best was the look on peoples faces when he filled up my gas guzzler while dressed as a hippie, I am not sure if they were looking at the outfit and thinking - grow up dude, or no way does someone dress up like that on a Saturday Night or spot the mistake in the pic - hippie - SUV???

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals