Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Saturday, July 30, 2005

My spiffy new wheels

I got my new car and it is so larny :) you non-South Africans will have to work that out yourself. I swear with gas/petrol up to $3.00 a gallon you would think I would choose a mini instead of a super SUV - its a truck of note and I feel like a young ruffian in it. My kids are loving the third row and I must say the extra row really muffles out a lot of the bickering so all is well on long car trips.

Today we had a hectic day just non stop running around, the truth is the whole week pretty much went along those lines, luckily we have a friend watching Ryan and Nikki is sleeping over at my father-in-laws house, my folks are down in Florida spending time with my sister, Heidi and her family. We have a rip roaring party planned tonight, the theme is a 70's party so I have dusted off the platforms, bought a hectic coloured shirt - yes I am going to be wearing colour (audible gasp), my black bellbottoms - yes I have to have so me black. I bought false eyelashes and blue eyeshadow - so into it I can't even begin to tell you. Should be a riot as the couple throwing it have a great sense of adventure and a zest for life which they bring to everything they do. Watch this space for more details ...........................................

Ryan's world is enlarging as corn has been added to the reportoire, I have to say I just admire this kid so much, I know I could not bear all that she has to and I am awed by her ability, her determination and her strong sense of doing the right thing. I never thought I could see one of my kids as my hero but she sure is and I am so very proud of who she. I know Nikki could not and certainly would not handle the limitations that Ry has had to but I must say one thing for Nikki she staunchly supports her sister. If Ryan can't have something then NO-ONE in the family can eat it in front of her. Nikki does not veer from that for a second and will steadfastly decline desserts or anything that Ryan is unable to eat whenever Ryan is around. My heart really swells with pride watching them stick together and I hope that follows them into adulthood and the rest of their lives. There is something truly wonderful about having someone always being in your corner. I think the very essence of sisters is what bonds us together tears us apart and I get such an insight into my siblings and our interaction when I watch my girls. I hope they end up apprecaiting eat other as much as I appreciate my sisters.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals