Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Hot, Hot, Hot!!!!

This weekend was a scorcher, shew not sure how folks in Vegas or Florida fare with such hellish weaher all I know is that I melt. Friday Night was Shabbas at my folks as usual, yum my mom sure does out do herself every week. The kids slept over. Saturday we picked the kids up and headed to Josh's friends house who has two boys the same age, normally it is an idyllic time when the four of them get together but this time Suzanne's 10 year old nephew was there and 5 is just not a great number.

To top it off, Saturday was the hottest day of the year, Sal and Suzanne moved into a new house that needs major work, I have to say a gorgeous home but they have no airconditioning. We sweated our way through the day, I eventually had to duck out to get an iced coffee because I just could not take the heat anymore.

Josh and Sal have been friends since Kindergarten and it is amazing with Nikki going into the big K that Josh was her age when they became friends. Sal is great guy with a fabulous sense of humour, so despite the heat it was a great day. The BBQ'd up a storm and I must say it was really too hot to even eat much so I could not do it all justice.

We dropped the kids at my folks on Saturday Night and were planning a day of doing nothing but lying in bed and watching video's, I have to say 6 out of the 6 video's were all crappy so we ended up watching the first 45 minutes to an hour of each. Pretty impressive to choose 6 movies that we could not sit through.

Josh is over at my folks house now having a braai - yup eating a real SA meal of steak, eggs and chips - used to be one of my favourites, not calling me right now in this heat that's for sure!!!

Luckily the heat seesm to have broken or it would have been a very long week.

I have to say the one thing that surprised me in New York was how hot the summers got, I expected the cold but never the heat. Its funny living in 4 seasons I have to say I have come to prefer the cold to the heat and actually enjoy having four distinct seasons - hey its a good excuse to shop - need 4 distinct wardrobes, all in black of course :)

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals