Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Weekend Warriors

Saturday morning loaded the car up, with a portable dvd system, a satelite radio and J's magellan satelite direction system. Enough snacks for a small army and of course additional toys and changes of clothes. How the hell the Voortrekkers found their way in an oxwagon I will never know. Set off over the George Washington bridge to see our pals Dawn and Daniel to join their celebration http://dawn-unplugged.blogspot.com/ to acknowledge a whole host of anniversary's and events. What a great occassion! Loads of food and friendly faces. A warm welcome, 20 pounds heavier, a huge hug goodbye as we head back over the Hudson River to Long Island to drop my kids at my parents. Spent the evening with another couple at their home enjoying the beauty and stillness of a warm summer night. Beautiful people, special times.

Sunday grab the kids and dash down to J's dad's home for a family party. A lovely group of his relatives who I barely know but felt very connected to by the end. All artists and creative sorts, people whose tunes I can identify and sway to myself. Their grounded 13 and 16 year olds were there hypnotising my brood and keeping them occupied for hours. An exhausted Nikki and Ryan crawl upstairs as we throw them in a bath and put them to bed, their Marisol Dolls all dressed for the next days event http://store.americangirl.com/shop/marisoldoll.php?catid=432205 We took them to American Girl Cafe, the reward for a long hard summer. What a place, what a day. We first parked near St Paul's Cathedral, as we walked past a street vendor he greeted my girls dolls and told them that pretty girls needed pretty sunglasses, he gave each girl a brand new pair of funky glasses complete with Rhinestones, how adorable and grown up my little princesses looked. Mom bagged herself a new Prada knock off - love it. Then we hit the store in a style. We were assigned a personal shopper. The girls felt so grand. Both Marisol dolls had their hair done at the salon. followed by http://www.americangirlplace.com/agp_ny_splash.php a glutten free dairy-free lunch, with desserts served in flower pots with flowers in them. Both dolls had their own sassy seats and a grand time was had by all. The kids had an unbelievable time and I think Josh had even more fun then they did. We'll be back next year.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals