Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Monday, October 03, 2005

BBQ Bliss

My dad bought Josh a mammoth BBQ/Braai for our deck warming present. Josh was so excited he sat by the window waiting for the delivery truck to arrive. When it came he jumped up and down screaming "The stork is here!! My new baby is here" He assembled it and had the burners burning, looked like a small inferno. That night we went to meet Josh's step brother and his wife for dinner, we went to an unbelievable carribean restaurant, had a great time, it was actually our first time socializing without the families as a couple. Its funny Josh and Robbie essentially grew up together, Leslie (Rob's mom) and Ralph (J's dad) have been married for 20 years and were together for about 8 years before that. Rob and Josh were both troubled teens and could not stand each other. In the past few years they have found this huge common base, they are both Landrover obsessive and spend many a weekend off-roading together, they have kids of similar ages and are both great dads. Its nice to see. Especially as we are not close to either of Josh's siblings.

After dinner, we drove the hour it takes home, when we got home, Josh dissapeared. He was tucking hhis baby in for the night!!! Oy vey :)

I am not sure how things work in your neck of the woods but weekends are unbelievably hectic here, Saturday is a mesh of Nikki's dancing class, Ry's horseriding lesson, after dance Nikki and I go out for lunch with the kids in the class, then its off to various birthday parties. Sunday is soccer day mixed with a ton of parties. Crazy stuff, I am looking forward to the day when they stop inviting the whole class and just invite their buddies.

Sunday we had a double shift, Ryan had slept at my father-in-law, they returned her :) and we made a braai of note. Cleaned everything up. They left. Started round two, my folks, my sister Ninnette, My cousin Danny, Darren and his family came over. We made a huge Korean style BBQ, called Hibachi. It was really great and I loved how willing everyone was to try new foods. There was literally not a scrap left.

My cousin Darren and I have really developed a special and warm bond, I feel close to him and love that we can tell it like it is without having to watch what we say. His wife is a doll and I love, his kids, it is really special watching the four of them interact together and I hope they will all feel as connected with eachother as I feel with their dad.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals