Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

So Proud

One of my best friends still lives in South Africa. We met when I was 20 at someone's 21st Birthday party. It was a strong bond that has grown stronger over the years and Andi is someone who is as close to me as one of my sisters. She is part of my family and an incredible friend. When I was on the bones of my arse when I moved to the States all those years ago, her support was so much a part of my survival here. She really went above and beyond!!! She has alsom made a huge effort to visit New York and is very much a name and a face to my kids. They adore this woman who comes here and spoils them a tad too much and they think of her as an Aunt. She has been so instrumental in sending me down my path with Ryan and I see where Ry is today and know that a huge part of me having my child back is thanks to Andi and her guidance and support. Last year I managed to sneak away for 8 days and meet her in London, we had such a great time eating tons of candy (my fault) and hucking a chine-nick (sp?). This year she came here to do a show at the Javitz Center. A few years ago on oone of her jaunts to New York she mentioned that she was planning on making soap and selling it, she said she was going to put stuff in it and sell it. I had visions of some poor rubber ducky or a plastic frog staring out of clear soap with sad eyes. I should have known my friend a tad better then that. Ands has a great entreprenerial spirit and has created a range of soap that literally takes my breath away. I am so awed by her creativity and genius. She is such an artist. Here is the link so you can see for yourself. Unfortunately you won't be able to let your other senses travel the journey they take when you smell and touch the soap. I am addicted to it and as my friend Loren says Andi has put a part of herself into each bar. I am so proud of all that Ands has done. Thanks for everything.

http://www.savonnerie.co.za/

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals