Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Jack O' Lantern on horseback

Halloween may be a pagan holiday but it is one of my favourite times of year. My girls both have Jasmine costumes (from Alladin), I am still working out what mine will be. We have decorated the outside fo the house and are ready to trick and treat with full gusto!!!

Last Saturday morning I went to watch Ryan at her horseback riding lesson. Josh reckons she looks like a smiling Jack O'Lantern with the big riding hat on. The smile never left her face for a second. I must say I was really impressed with her, it was a cold damp day and she was so gung-ho I don't thinks he felt the temperature at all. She has such a love for animals and such a gentle soul that I think Rosie the horse really responded well and they had a great time together. I was really proud of her. Her and I then spent the day doing school work, making muffins and having manicures and pedicures. She had a party in the evening, while she was at the party, Josh and I got ready for a party of our own. Josh's step-brother and his wife both turned 40 and held a fabulous party at http://www.stamfordgrand.com/ It was really nice, they had close to 100 people there and we all had a lot of fun. The food and booze just flowed. Who ever heard of pomegranite margueritta's. they had one o fthe most extensive margarita lists I have ever seen. We met some really fun people and had a great time. Got home a little later then we would have liked (the party was an hour and a half away).

Sunday morning was a wet day and we packed the kids into the car and headed for Josh's step-grandmother's house. Muriel is a remarkable woman, she is 93 and has more energythen anyone I have ever met. She finds beauty in everything and has a zest for life that is completely contagious. I am so drawn to her energy and every day I spend with her is one in which I feel blessed. Muriel moved to an apartment on the banks of the Hudson River, near Sleepy Hollow, NY (where the headless horseman was said to roam). Muriel has lived an incredible life and part of her work was being an interior designer, she has exsquisite taste. Its interesting because when we arrived at her home, Nikki dashed straight for the toys where as Ry walked slowly around the apartment looking at everything for about an hour. She was completely captivated. She really is going to be some interior designer!!!! Lunch was great, Josh's step brothers and their wives were there. One of the sister-in-laws, Jill had a baby 12 days before. This little peanut of a person. I was lucky enough to hold Lily Zeva while her mommy took a nap. What a delightful little girl, she just shnuggled up to me sending every mommy hormone running rife in my system. I am definitely not having another child but oh how cute they are!!!!

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals