Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Monday, July 25, 2005

Update

Last week my dad had a minor procedure, I spent the day with him and my mom at the doctors office. I am always reminded how special my folks are to me and how much I love spending time with them when there are no demands and life is put on hold for a few hours. The doctors office does not allow cell phones so we had 5 uninterrupted hours, time I will treasure, to just chat and be. My mom knitted while my dad and I attempted crossword puzzles. Can I just say I really suck at crossword puzzles. It must be in his gene pool becasue let me tell you he ain't much better.

The kids did not sleep over at my folks over the weekend as my dad was just not up to it, so Friday Night I had shabbas at my house, Josh's dad, stepmom and my mom joined us (I made my mom cook of course :) I find it really hectic at the end of a long week to do but I must say I love the traditions that I pass to my girls, the sense of family and yiddishkyte (sp??). saturday was a mad rush of tutors, doctors and then the tranquility of my parents pool. They live in a great development that has communal tennis courts and swimming pool. It was fabulous. There were about 15 girls there all around the same age as my kids, they spent 4 hours in the pool and a great time was had by all. My friend Loren met me there and her and I hucked for hours, what a treasure and what a pleasure. Its funny we are both Scorpio's married to Virgo's and the similarities in the dynamic of our marriages is just amazing. It is wonderful to meet people who can think and dissect life as I do. Saturday Night was filled with me cooking up a storm of Ryan's latest dietary restrictions and changes so she could have some food for the next few days, luckily beef and potatoes were added to the roster so Sunday morning we headed over to my parents house for a mega braai (BBQ), Ryan finished a whole steak by herself. Afterwards we headed over to our friends Debie and Kevin who live in the high rent district, they have a gorgeous home with a swimming pool and tennis court. Their two kids and our two had such a fabulous day swimming, playing tennis and jumping on their trampoline. We managed to chat and relax and just savour the day. We rushed home having lost track of the time as distant relatives of Josh's were coming over to check out my car. They loved it (of course) it really looks new and rides like a dream I will really miss it. Today we went to Stacey's house to pay for the car, we will pick it up bright and early tomorrow morning as my insurance only kicks in at midnight tonight. She had the whole car detailed, it looks brand new - wow what a hot looking car, sheesh a new hair do and now a new car - I feel like a completely new person. I swear from driving an old mans car to a zippy Dodge Durango I am rather excited and feel very spoiled indeed.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals