Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Monday, July 11, 2005

The aftermath.............

Monday morning and we are dazed and confused. For those of you who don't know me and my parenting style, I am not the laid back let it go with the flow kinda gal and one of my strictest regiments is bedtime - both kids are in bed by 7pm, Nikki usually conks out pretty soon after that, and Ryan will read in bed for between half and hour and an hour and then go to sleep. Yesterday we had a friends 40th birthday party at our house, it really went well, people came at 11am and did not leave until 10:30pm. We had such a great time, the kids all played so well together that we dinkum had no idea how late it was.

I can't believe how awesome it feels to sleep until 7:20am - without the pitter patter of little feet by 6am as my usual alarm clock. Had to get both girls up and dressed and let me tell you, the bright eyed bouncy raring to go girls are so dazed and confused, Nikki wants to go to camp in her PJ's. Guess the first round of swimming at camp will wake them up with a vengance.

Besides organizing for the party and me cleaning up my office so no-one will actually think we are slobs, we had a pretty laid back weekend. I left Josh organizing the tent and setting up the backyard for the big bash and went to see a the Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt movie, Mr and Mrs Smith , I have to say I loved it. It was just what I needed, something completely entertaining, no need to think about plots or really follow anything. Their chemistry is amazing and I must say she is really the most stunning woman I have ever seen.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals