Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Things happen for a reason

The kids had their first day of camp yesterday, I sent them off on the bus and was not home when they got home or even when they went to sleep. The end of the month is my craziest time at work, I did not finish work until 7pm (their bed time) so I did not even come home, went straight to meet a friend for a quick bite to eat and then off toplay Mah Jong (which I won), home by 11:30pm - after having left for work at 8am, a bit of a hectic day.

I got a call from Ryan's counselor in the course of my day, she was telling me about her philosophy of not allowing clicks to form, how she mixes the kids up throughout the day in different activities so everyone gets to spend time with everyone. She also really understood Ryan's restricted diet being on similar restrictions herself. She pulled Ryan aside and told her that she wanted Ryan to eat lunch with her every day as they were allowed to eat the same food. How unbelievable is it for a 7 year old to have the head counselor approach them in such a manner. I swear if I could have, I would have dived through the phone and kissed her. I feel so blessed that Ryan is in the right hands.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals