Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Saturday, July 23, 2005

The week in review

Well another week is gone, been a busy and exciting one. Hectic with work, kids, Mah Jongg and making sure Ry has adequate food at camp and home, many the night we have been up late cooking those friggin' pancakes she likes (and is allowed), cakes, cookies, she is actually loving the food, my kids have never eaten so much crap in their lives - it is truly amazing. She is eating choclate chip pancakes made with riceflour 3 times a day - a happier kid you could not begin to find.

I had an exciting week, I have a very good friend who is a car broker, she is a dynamic woman who not only survives in a predominantly mans world but she does exceptionally well. I have been on the look out for a second hand car with a third row. I happen to love my current car, which is a Lincoln Continental, its like sitting in on a lounge suite and just cruising. After my minivan accident two years ago, where my car was totalled, my father-in-law was selling his car and sold it to us. I was thrilled as new cars lose their values so quickly and Josh had bought me a mommy mobile of note - with every option and bell and whistle available, it was almost a year old when this lunatic driver went into me. The insurance paid us half of what we paid as cars devalue so quickly, and we basically lost $20,000 in a year, I told Josh I had better uses for that kind of money and no longer wanted a new car.

The lincoln is a dream come true, truly the best car I have ever owned but it does not have a third row which is essential in the world of car pools and all that fun stuff. So I have nagged Josh for the whole summer that I have to have a third row by the time fall starts so I can get into some of the carpools for the kids.

My friend Stacey has been on the lookout for a car for me and called me last week to say she found the perfect car, a 2000 Dodge Durango in great shape for an unbelievable deal. It was such a no brainer - new tires, new everything and on Monday it will be mine. I am so excited and I have to say it is so gorgeous http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/kw.kc.ur?kbb.NY;804642;NY059&11753;+p&722;Dodge;2000%20Durango&6;DT;DW&&& (if you want to see it), we get delivery on Monday ................. woo hoo

We have a few people who want to buy the Lincoln, I have to say I will be really sad to see it go but am excited by my new mean driving machine.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals