Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Father's Day

My friend Dawn pointed out to me this morning that I had not acknowledged Josh in my previous post, my snide retort to her is that he is not my father and it is up to my kids to acknowledge him. She made me see how important it is to not lose sight of Josh and the kind of dad that he is, so this is for him............... (thanks Dee)

Josh never saw himself as a parent, he struggled with the concept, he did not think he knew how, but I knew different. I knew there was this gentle soul inside this big man. He is an incredible dad, he has unbelievable patience with the kids, he teaches them how to cook and him and Nikki spend hours working on his lam"b"rover as Nikki calls it. She is such a little monkey with that wrench. He is the one to practice words for spelling tests with Ryan as I lose my patience too quickly. He is the one in the middle of the night cleaning up throw up or whatever other illness has befallen our little girls when they were young as they cling to me.

He is on the soccer field every Sunday with Nikki or spends time with Ryan playing with her doll Marisol. Every Sunday when the kids are not at my folks he lets me sleep late and I find the three of them shnuggled up on the sofa watching movies as dadd tickles their backs for hours. Sunday nights are family shnuggle time when we all climb into our king-size bed, the kids in the middle, Josh and I on either side as we watch a video of their choosing. On Valentine's Day he comes home with flowers and chocolates for all his girls. He will often pack them in the car and take them to the diner for breakfast or off to see his dad while I take care of whatever else needs to be done.

Josh is an affectionate, loving and involved dad, he is right by our side every doctors visit in the city. He is the conduit for the doctor as I do not have neck and shoulder strength from too many injuries to that area. Here is this big powerful guy who turns to mush, wrapped around these tiny little fingers, and they are just such tiny little pinky's.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY SWEETIE!!

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals