Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Monday, May 30, 2005

Memorable Memorial Day

This weekend marks Memorial Day Weekend in the States. It is memorable for the veterans who have faught wars, those who made it and the many who lost their lives. For us it marks the begining of my mother-in-laws battle, because a year ago this weekend she had her stroke that started the ball rolling in that they found her lung cancer and her war with cancer began. It has been quite a year and while she has beaten the cancer into retreat she still battles it as she is in the process of undergoing radiation therapy.

This weekend was a great one, time spent with family and friends way too much food and such special moments. Josh and I spent the whole of Saturday together just cruising around in his 1949 landrover, he has take the roof off and the doors off and it is really quite fun. It sounds like a motorized lawn mower and goes only slightly faster but it was fun.

Saturday Night we tried El Salvadorian food which was amazing - we thoroughly enjoyed eating food we really could not recognize but were both feeling a tad adventurous.

Sunday was a real treat, my friend Loren and I sat by the pool at my parents complex while her two girls and mine had the time of our lives. We spent hours there which went past in minutes as we had to hustle off to our respective BBQ's - it is just so wonderful having women in my life who I can relate to and who warm my soul. loren is a creative soul who designs women's sweaters - she runs the design and production for a company in NY and is quite a force to be reckoned with. She has such a strong soul and people who meet her are enveloped in her warmth. She is one of the many woman in my life who I am so blessed to have keep me company in my journey. She is the one who is geographically closest so she has the job of taking the place of so many others who live far away. Some just on the other side of the Route 80 and others on the other side of the world. I feel so lucky to know you all and have you in my life this is part of my memorial on this memorial day.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals