Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Friday, May 13, 2005

Follow your instincts......................

I have a very good friend who sent me down a path with Ryan that I would not have followed myself. I think there are people in your life whose opinions you value and who you have absolute faith in, she is one of these people. I have not been happy with conventional medicine and their need to constantly medicate my kid. Just increase the dosage and lose the spirit. I felt like I was loosing my butterfly, my sweet free spirit in a wave of hormones that made her so PMS I could not find the sweet child I knew so well within her. I missed that caring soul so much but felt she was taken away from me. She is back. I am so happy to have her in my arms again, she never left my heart, she never could no matter what happens or where she ends up. I am so greatful that she is back to being the someone I knew. We slowed the meds, will stop them completely. Poor kid has been through so much. We have had to regulate her diet, no milk, no sugar, no dairy, no vinegar. For a kid who lives on yogurt and picled cucumbers its like a life sentence but she takes it in her stride. It is so hard not being able to have cake at a birthday party or turn down a cookie at school. She does it with a single mindness that I wish I had and admire so very much. We set up a reward system for her for everytime she says no to one of those foods she gets a blue pebble, each pebble is a dollar, each dollar can be saved to buy accessories for her american Girl Doll www.americangirl.com Her doll, Marisol is going to be the best dressed doll ever, Ryan is going to make sure of it. She is back on the path I first saw in her - the path that lets her soar so far and so high, My Ry, my butterfly. Watch this kid, she will fly so high one day - I see so much in her and hope one day she sees it too.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals