Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Friday, April 29, 2005

Reasons and Seasons

The other night I had a rather unsettling dream. It was about a friend of mine who no longer speaks to me. It was a big misunderstanding and I have tried on various occassions to explain it to him, but he has not given me the chance to do so. I wish he would stop and listen to me, but he won't. So there is nothing I can do about it.

Part of my work is spending lots of time in the car. In my travels I have become acquainted with radio personalities the likes of Howard Stern, Rocco Dispirito and my all time favorite, Dr. Joy Browne, she is an online psychiatrist who is unbelievable (if you choose you can listen to her and Rocco online at http://www.wor710.com/ ) One of her pearls of wisdom is: Some people are in your life for a reason and some for a season.

After this realistic dream, I was making a mental list of all the people who are no longer in my life, and while there are so many who thankfully are still in my life, its the ones who are not there that stand out for the moment. I guess I am more sensitive then I give myself credit for and while I know we have all moved on to bigger and hopefully better places in our lives, I enjoy looking back on all the things we have done, the adventures we have taken and while it makes me sad that those journeys have ended. I know new adventures have begun.

I know some of those people have left voids that can never be filled, but I also know that those people, the ones I knew so well in that time of my life don't exist as they did. They now have added baggage, new appendages, altered hearts and minds. Life is a funny thing it deals you cards, no matter what you get some can keep it straight while others fold. While I truly wish a Royal Flush on all of them I have heard from various mutual friends just how different they are and I fear that I would not even recognize them if I had the opportunity to.

I think part of this dream was hanging on with a certain longing to a time in my past that was so secure even if it was not stable. A time before I vowed my heart to a man until the end of time, before I lost a part of my soul to immigration, before I knew what motherhood meant. A simpler, self indulgent time that I did not recognize as such and it is gone, along with the friends and faces that made it what it was. To those of you who were in my life and no longer are, I wish you well, I wish you happiness and I thank you for the memories we shared.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals