Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Friday, April 22, 2005

The Right Thing ..............

The South Africans I know are instilled with a sense of doing the Right Thing. There are so many variables that come into play in our everyday lives where it would be easier to walk past someone rather then help. Where it would be easier to just get off a bus or grab your bags without saying thank you and engaging in some form of pleasantaries. I believe in doing the best you can for yourself and those you love. Not necessarily grabbing for the almighty buck but within yourself and helping our fellow travellers.

I was at one of our local superstores, similar to Macro and COSTCO called BJ's, unpacking my purchases into my car when I hear a loud bang behind me. I saw a white Mercedes had hit a Lexus truck next to me, the driver got out, inspected the vehicle he hit and then his own car. Saw there was no damage to his car and walked in to do his shopping. Now about 2 years ago the ame thing happened to me where someone went into me while I was parked outside a store and just drove off. Josh and I had to pay for the damages. I looked at the back of the car he hit and there was not major damage but he had managed to crack the whole bumper. I wrote down his licence plate, make and colour of his car and left a note on the windshield of the person he hit with my phone number. All I could hear was Josh's voice in my head saying leave it the F*** alone, its none of your business. But Jack and Ruth's voice of doing the right thing was just so much stronger. Leaving the note I made my way home, unpacked my groceries, started a million things cooking because I am just so anal about having everything done in advance. The phone rings and a very sweet Korean woman who barely speaks English calls to say thank you for the note and should she call the police or should I. She thought I hit the car, lol, anyway I told her to call the police and that I would come down and meet with them. Anyway spoke with the coppers and all was squared away, the man had already left and I am sure he is in for some wake up call when policemen rock up at his front doorstep to take his statement.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals