Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Saturday, April 09, 2005

Jumping Jack Flash

We did it!! Bought the kids a 15ft trampoline today - it is AWESOME!!! Can't wait to see their faces when they see it in the backyard when they come home tomorrow!!! I am the most fortunate soul, my folks are two of the most awesome people I know, they live 8 minutes away and I am so lucky, we go to their house on Friday night for Shabbas Dinner, leave the kids there and the kids are returned to me on Sunday Morning. They are only around for 6 months of the year but I have to say it is the best 6 months. I make a point of seeing them at least once a week on my own, sometimes I play hookie and spend a whole day with them or other times I will abandon my hubby and kids for a night and go out for dinner with them. It is so wonderful and I am so fortunate to have them near me. I appreciate the sacrifices they have made to be with us. We all benefit as they have an unbelievable relationship with the girls, they are close with Josh and of course with me. My dad and Josh usually meet for breakfast on Saturday morning to catch up on the week. The girls are in their element as my mom has more energy then Josh and I combined, she has them doing arts and crafts, she takes them to the park and then she takes them to the boardwalk or the beach they just move constantly all day long. The biggest punishment I can give them is not allowing them to go sleep over at my folks.

We have also started a new thing where once every 3-4 weeks we split the girls up, they alternate spending a night at my folks and a night with us, we all love it as it is real one on one time, it stops the sibling rivalry and they both come away from the weekend with a renewed sense of self. I love how they blossom when they feel like the center of the world. For me they are and I hope they know it. How lucky I am to have them all in my life. I do truly thank G-d for all the joy in my life, my husband, my kids, my family, and my friends, these are the big things.

This is my lottery.......................................

I feel even more blessed at the moment as one of my closest friends, Andi is visiting, there is something about catching up with someone who knew me when that is so amazing. To be able to laugh. Funnily enough Andi arrived in NY on April 5th which just so happens to be 17 years to the day since we met each other (it was at a mutual friends party on her birthday), so we managed to acknowledge that we have not killed each other and even still like each other and want to spend as much time as possible without killing one another. One of the many treasures............

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals