Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Sunday, April 17, 2005

All grown up

My cousin Darren was a bully of note when we were young. He would beat the crap out of anyone who crossed his path. I seemed to be in his path a lot. His sister was in his path as was my cousin Warren. Darren truly made my childhood hard. He has since grown into a delightful man, someone I adore and am proud to call my cuzzie. We have become really close in the past few years, we are in the same profession and have kids the same age-ish. We are bonded by the desire to have our kids know each other and share the closeness and emotional scars we shared as kids.

Today was Darren's eldest son, Ethan's 4th birthday. Ethan is a real peanut, the sweetest little boy you could ever hope to meet. His other son Jordan is almost 2 months old, he slept through the whole party without a peep. We all thought Darren would be paid back in spades for the terror he spread amongst us when he had kids, but instead he has two of the most delightful, well behaved kids I have ever come across. I guess, his wife Laura must have been some angel in her youth to wipe that slate clean.

It was such a great party held at a place called Jillians, they had bowling, followed by a millions games, tons of good food, friends and family - it certainly is as good as it gets.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals