Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Monday, May 02, 2005

What a weekend.............

Ever have one of those weekends when your feet don't touch the ground?? We had a week like that. Last week the girls were on Spring Vacation, we did not stop moving all week long. Loads of playdates, tons of quality time. Ryan and I headed into the city on Friday for her follow up visit with her Doctor. He is a kinesiologist and needs her to change different aspects of her diet in 3 week incriments, tandemount to a life sentence at this age. Poor kid, No cheese, No soy, No dairy, No vinegar, No juices, No pretzels, No sugar and of course No alcohol, we will have to stop her morning vodka shots :) So happy he included that on the list. The poor kid has been a trooper. In addition to swalloing huge quantities of herbal supplements in the morning and at night she has been so restricted on what she can eat. We have devised a reward system for her, the first three weeks she got and America Girl Doll http://www.americangirlplace.com/agp_home.php she now knows that she can earn different gifts or accessories for the doll. Poor kid has so many birthday parties coming up, that I did not wnat to torment her. Lets hope it sorts her out and she can stop having to be a science experiment.

Her and I had a great time, and I have to say even though she gets poked and prodded at the doctor she really enjoys the day we spend at the city together and has turned into quite the shopper - boy can that kid shop, where the hell does she get that from??? I have very little interest in clothes and shoes, (I always tell J he is the luckiest man alive as so many women I know are obsessed with those two expensive little hobbies).

Saturday morning we woke up early, ran a few errands and then went to hang out at our friend Julie's house, her and her little girl have the most gorgeous house in one of my favourite areas, Seacliff. Its an artsist colony built into the side of a mountain, surrounded by beaches, it is so unbelievably gorgeous, the houses all have a distinct flair http://seacliff.org/default.htm. Funnily enough she had her engagement party there and that was the first time I saw the place and fell in love with it, now that she is divorced she has moved there. What a place. We then took the kids out for lunch to the Village of Roslyn, which is another quaint old village in the area at a place called Pollo Loco, have to say they were not at there best and we ended up just packing them all up and leaving underthe grateful eyes of our fellow patrons.

We then rushed to meet a Korean family, their daughter goes to school with Ryan, at a Korean Retaurant in the asian section of the Island, Flushing. I have never seen a restaurant like this, Koi ponds, waterfalls, it was like being in asia, it was so stunning. Good food, good company - what could be better.

Sunday was yet another early day, off to meet Josh's step brother and his family for a day of off roading and a picnic. Some of the trails were a little hairy for me especially with the kids in the car but the kids LOVED it and had a great time with their cousins.

We came home and my cousin Darren dropped his son, Ethan off at us to help us plant a vegetable garden, can't say we did much planting, the kids were covered in mud, collecting bugs and had a great time. I threw all three into the shower, gave Darren back a sparkling clean kid when he came back a few hours later, and a good time was had by all.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals