Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Friday, May 06, 2005

Week whizzing by..............

Can't believe another week went past. It has been so crazy. Work has picked up and obviously the complications in my life pick up with it. Funny how that happens. When one aspect gets crazy every other aspect picks up speed as well. Work has been DEAD for the past few weeks, toward the end of this week I had some closings, but instead of lasting the customary two hours they are lasting 5-6 hours. As a parent that just causes havoc in my carefully planned scheme of things.

On top of it J's mom has started a round of radiation, I do believe the cancer is gone and the chemo and radiation are going to sap whatever strength she has left. The poor woman is not eating and is just so listless. It is particularly hard to see as she is ordinarily such a fighter and does not let anything get past her, and now she is just a shadow of her former self.

I literally have not stopped running and am loving have the days go past in a flash, can't believe that the school year is just about over - OVER!!! A month and a half to go and then its time for camp. I am amazed at the speed of life. I remember as a kid how the years seemed to stretch out, I have such a clear memeory when I was in Grade 1 (I guess the American version of Kindergarden), I came home at the end of my first term - we had 4 terms (between school holidays) and I said to my Housekeeper how when I got back from holiday I would be going into Grade 2. She argued with me, and I was so adamant - was so sure that there was no way on earth that there could be any more time in that Grade as it took so long to complete even the first term.

My mom always told me how fast time goes and I never really got it, boy do I get it now. It fels like I have blinked and another year is over, school year that is. Another major milestone and my life is a runaway train that won't let me stop at a staion to truly appreciate the moment for what it is. Do we ever get to truly appreciate the moment? I feel as I have gotten older I have managed to step outside situations when I am in them and just savour every moment. Enjoy the sounds of people in my house, listening to my kids laughter or hearing their imaginations at play. Those times seem to be few and far between because I seem to be rushing out the door on to the next thing.

Take a time capsule, savour the moment, capture the essense of time, to be pulled out and enjoyed at a later time. Another treasure, another memory added to the treasure chest in my mind. For now though, I have to run....................

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals