Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Monday, May 02, 2005

New experiences

Today, my baby left me. Without a backward glance. Jumping with excitement. Straight into the Kindergarden Orientation Class. She is so ready for this big step. I am not. Nikki is such an energetic magnet, she has this ability to draw people to her and is so full of life it is hard not to be taken in. The only time the light dims is when she steps back and hides in the shadow of her big sister, her hero. Nikki literally leapt into the classroom, she looked like a pink leaping lizard, my little Tigger. She wore her pink Barbie pants, her pink Dora shirt and pink fuzzy jean jacket - dressed to take on the world, actually it looked like she had mugged a pimp, but that smile oh my world that was the biggest ticket item she wore.

After her one hour orientation, she bounded into the cafeteria, I don't think her feet touched the ground once and we drove to her school, where they had a singer performing, poor woman was no match for my little one, her entire class jumped up to hug her. She grinned from ear to ear as I was swept further away from her by the crowd of admirers. She did not even notice that I was no longer by her side.

She is no longer mine, she belongs to the world. How lucky I felt to have had that treasure in my arms for so long. Now is my time to set her free and I am so not ready to. She is ready. I am most certainly not. Travel safe my little one, your journey has just begun.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals