Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Wiggly Teeth

I thought the most disgusting things on earth were dirty diapers and throw up. My kids have gone and surprised me once again, these wiggly teeth gross me out more then I thought possible. To top it off, Ryan has this nasty habit of taking a mildly wiggly tooth and putting it under so much pressure that it becomes an even wigglier tooth, sometimes even causing her gums to bleed. My friend Dawn had started me off with writting to Ryan as the tooth fairy (I used her letter that she had used for her son) and it has grown from there. I was worried about Ryan causing serious damage to her teeth. Here are some of the letters the Tooth Fairy left for her and some that Ryan left for Flossie:

Hello Ryan March 28, 2004

Thank you for leaving your tooth for me this time, I really appreciate it as it easier for me to make stars when I have the teeth. When your teeth fall out, always give them to your mommy so she can keep them safe.

Ryan I was looking at the tooth you left for me, it is a nice white color but there were some tiny little marks on it that only fairies can see. Ryan, this means you don’t always brush properly. You must make sure you brush each and every tooth so they can be real sparkly stars in the sky. Ryan you have such a beautiful smile and it makes people so happy when you smile. So keep brushing, and remember don’t eat too much candy so you can always have a beautiful pearly white smile.

Love,
Flossie
The Tooth fairy

March 24, 2004

Dear Tooth Fairy:

I lost my tooth but could you give me a present even though I don’t have my tooth because I lost my tooth.

If you give me a present I will lose another tooth.

And if you do it I will stop crying.

Love,
Ryan


Hello Ryan March 24, 2004

I came to your room while you were asleep.

Thank you for your note. I was sorry you had lost your tooth and could not leave it for me. Usually I take the tooth away with me, and I turn it into a star shining brightly in the sky. Because your mommy and daddy tell me you are such a good girl, who is a realy good listener and sharer I will make a bright shining star without it. I can only do this for special girls like you.

It is very important that you look after your big teeth now Ryan. The best way to do that is to brush your teeth in the morning after breakfast, again at night before you go to bed, and when you are bigger, Mommy will teach you how to floss. Cavities are painful and you really don’t want to have them. It is very important not to eat too much sugar. The things that have the most sugar in them are candy and soda, so be sure not to eat too much candy and chocolate and NEVER drink soda.

I have left you a Strawberry Shortcake Charm because that is what you wished for, and I have left you another $2.00 which come from the Oupa, Gugga, Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt and Uncle Tooth Fairies. You are a very lucky girl to have so many people who love you.

I will visit you again when your next tooth falls out.

Lots of Love

FLOSSIE THE TOOTH FAIRY.

April 25, 2005

Dear Ryan:

I have just come to collect your tooth and I am really sad. I don’t think I can use your tooth to make a star in the sky. Let me explain to you how teeth are used to make stars.

You need to keep them in your mouth as long as possible so they can get really strong and stay pearly white. I can see from your teeth that you are leaving me that they are being pulled out too early. I may be able to shine this one up but would hate to have to throw it in the garbage. I need stars that can twinkle really bright in the sky.

Ryan I also have to mention that you are not cleaning your teeth as well as you should – you really have to brush them gently for a long time, and you must brush all of them or I won’t be able to use them either. You must make sure you brush each and every tooth so they can be real sparkly stars in the sky. Ryan you have such a beautiful smile and it makes people so happy when you smile. So keep brushing, and remember don’t eat too much candy so you can always have a beautiful pearly white smile.

I am still leaving you money as I am taking this tooth with me as I heard your mommy telling your daddy what a good girl you are and how proud she is of you. I like to reward special kids like you.

Please look after your teeth because I must just warn you if I come and there are dirty or rotten teeth I won’t come back again, I am just too busy and that would be a great pity because I really enjoy seeing special girls like you.

Love,
Flossie
The Tooth Fairy
(This letter was after she ripped a tooth out of her head way before it or I was ready)
Her letter that she left with the tooth:
May 10, 2005
I did not pull out my tooth. I was huging my fried Amanda. Can you still come?
Love,
Ryan

This Ryan is too much - a sweeter kid you could never hope to find. She has such a strong sense of right from wrong and always tries to do the right thing, sometimes I just look at her and feel my heart just crack down the middle with love for her - she is so special, so sweet - how lucky am I???

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals