Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day hope it is a good one for you all. Mother's Day is an interesting time for a me, a time to reflect on what is is to be a mom and how my life has been transformed by the two souls who have entered my heart and my life. I look at them with such adoration and wonder, it never ceases to amaze me what these kids have brought to my life and the responsibility I face as a parent.

I wish I were more of a carefree sort, someone who just went with the waves on the sea instead of having to carve me own way across the wake of the waves. I think things through right down to the last second. Planning out our lives. The lists I have devised, our shopping lists on the computer. kids schedules, kids food schedules, playdates, parties, so many lists so many happenings so many people lives to take responsibility for so many moments to account for so many. Oh to be the carefree sort to just let it be and let it all fall into place without me at the helm. I know people who live their lives in this helter skelter way and I envy them their freedom. They walk beside responsibility instead of balancing it on their shoulders like the proverbial cross one wears. Their kids seem well enough adjusted their lives go on. The world does not stop turning but yet it is not in me. I don't know how to adjust the mental timetable. I was never the carefree sort, guess it is not who I was meant to be. For now I look at the cards little fingers have created, Monets to me. Ryan's "mom" necklace and the bird papreweight she made in art class, Nikki's beaded necklace she made with extra pink and blue beads because pink is her favourite color and blue is mind. The gorgeous cards with hearts and doggies and all the things they hold so dear. The hugs, the shnuggles, the acknowledgement of their love for me. I am humbled by the magnitude, never knowing I could be loved this way, first by their dad and then by his offsprings. Queen for a day, every day with my princesses by my side. How sweet it is to loved by them.

No Mother's Day would be complete without acknowledging my mom and all that she has done and continues to do. Her tireless efforts, her ability to always put herself last and everyone else's needs first, I could never be that selfless, she does it with a flair. Thanks mom. I Love you and am thankful for everything.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals