Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Monday, September 18, 2006

Plastic Soceity ............

I could not put my finger on what pissed me off about buying plastic bags in South Africa. Besides being incredibly inconvenient it is just down right stupid. Here's the story for those who are not in the know, when one goes to the supermarket in South Africa one is expected to either bring their own bags to take their goods home or to buy bags. The whole point being environmental, save our universe, yada yada and all that. I think it is bullshit. If they are so friggin' concerned with the environment, spend real money on recycling plants, stop throwing out stuff that can be used again. The bags our supermarkets give us are gratis. Free. No charge. But at the entrance to the store is a machine where one can put in cans used for recycling and they pay you for bringing them. Recyclable goods get picked up outside my house and get reused for plastic, paper, bottle, so many different ways to make out garbage whole again.

Personally I think big South African business lobbied (sp??) government and found another way to fleece the consumer. Give them plastic bags and give incentives to companies to not dump waste, do garbage pick up at reasonable rates instead of humping companies and people. Oh yeah and recycle!

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals