Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Monday, September 11, 2006

9-11

September 11th strikes a chord in so many people's hearts. Today I was intent on not getting caught up in all the sadness that goes with remembering that awful day, trying to logically tell myself that its time to move forward.

I found myself caught up in the broadcasts, brought back to that day, seeing the suffering on so many people's faces as raw as the day it happened. How could I even think that this day could be a side note in history - its as raw and relative today as it was 5 years ago. Such an evil plan, brilliantly planned and executed, I have seen the face of evil and he still roams free. How is it with all their resources, with all their technology the American Government can't find and kill Osama? He is riding camels and eluding one of the most powerful armies in the world. He will fall. I know he will but how many more innocent victims need to be laid in his wake???

Its funny driving on the Long Island Expressway (LIE) today, bumper to bumper with cars, I was brought back to the sparkling blue day when the twin towers fell, the LIE was silent, I was the only car on the road save for the occassional emergency vehicle driving on the opposite side of the highway. Wild when you consider that the LIE is the busiest road in the States.

To all those who died that day we remember you, CNN has an impressive memorial here.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals