Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Sunday, July 30, 2006

the travels.......

Tuesday 11th continued

I went to Andi's chiropractor so I could actually move my hip:) Sheesh I am getting old. He says tome(having adjusted Andiforover 20 years), so when are you going to introduce Andi to a nice guy. I asked him what does he mean she is already seeing a great guy. But he is thirteen years younger then her he says, what will happen when he is 50??? I said, well she will just have to find someone younger. He started laughing. Shook his head and said now I can see why you guys are friends. Hit Bruma to buy lots of lovely goodies. Met Andi for lunch at Europa, had another really yummy salad and coffee - we sat in Norwood and watched the world walk by. So many memories, so many places. I then went on a tour of Andi's business, her new factory and offices, I just swelled with pride by what she has achieved, I am so proud of her.

Then went to pick up the kids from a rather exhausted Di who had Ms. Happiness (my au pair) with her and Happiness chose to sleep all day, I must say in real Tammy Fashion I threw my toys out of my cot/crib and she got the message. Happiness is truly a gem, the best of what south africa has to offer, a bright sunny black south african with endless patience who oozes life and is bok for the adventure that lays ahead.

Ry slept at Di's house, I deposited Nikki and Happiness back at our timeshare and Ands came to pick me up so I could officially meet Iain. He is such a great guy and I am so pleased for them, they are so in love and I just love the energy between them, I do believe he will make her happy and that is all I wish for her.

Wednesday, July 12th
Happy Birthday Gary!!
Today Jodi and I packed the kids up and went to Gold Reef City. They had such a blast - it has such a great amusement park and the kids jolled on the rides. They had zero interest in going down the mine shaft but they did pan for gold.

Then dropped the kids off at Jody where they had a great time, Jodes, Markie and I then headed to the Vaal to return one of my suitcases, my dads boot/trunk istoo small and would never have fitted in my sisters stuff and ours. We just chatted, drank moccahchinos and it was very special. The friends I have here are family,not even friends there is such a deep connection, such al ove and such a feeling of belonging when we are together.

Thursday, July 13th
The kids just crashed. No more their tired little bodies could not deal. They needed their mommy and some serious down time. Rented some videos, cancelledmy plans with Lisa and we just hung out. That afternoon we went foratour ofNorthcliff, where I grew up, we drove past the house I grew upin, somany memories, felt like a huge cloud over me. So much has changed, distances that seemed to loom so large are so much closer from an adult perspective. I then introduced the kids to Milky Lane and they loved it. Me too I must confess, their waffles with cream are just the best!!! Finally food we all loved.

That night we get back, calm kiddies down and at around 8pm Happiness comes to tell me that the toilet is blocked. I call housekeeping they tellme the maintenance guy has gone home, they try to plunge it but to no avail. She comes back with a big blue bucket/pail and says you'll have to use this. I looked at her and explained as I do sowell, in no uncertain terms that I will not be using any bucket to go potty in!!! They had to go get the maintenance man who fixed the toilet!!! Oh joys! Blue bucket se voet!

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals