Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Stupid circles...........

I have been meaning to post about this weekend for the longest time. It was really interesting, last Friday Night we went to my friend Mimi's daughter's 2nd birthday. They had around 50 people (including kids). Mimi is a dermatologist and her husband is a Gastro-interologist who specializes in pancreatic cancer and rare disorders. He is the guy other GI's refer their patients too when they can't work out what's potting. They live in a gorgeous house on 4 acres in Old Westbury, a very foo-foo neighbourhood on the other side of the tracks from where I live. We worked out that their electricity bill is the same as our mortgage payment. Headaches like that I don't need but I can appreciate the beauty of all they have achieved and I am happy for them. It is very rare that I feel stupid. I am pretty ok with my mental abilities and while I know there are no nobel prizes in my future I am pretty ok with who I am. Friday night was the exception. I was surrounded by so many unbelievably bright people I felt like I could barely string a sentence together. What do you do for a living I ask the really nice lady standing next to me, after we discussed our kids, our geography, etc. Oh I specialize in liver transplants she replies. The woman next to her does DNA research for Columbia. How about you they say, I want to say I am a housewife because a Title Closer just does not even scratch the surface. They then discuss a new procedure that came onto the market for something I could not understand, not sure if it was a case of baffle the buffoon with bullshit or if they thought I would actually have the slightest idea that they were even speaking nglish. Not high faluting folk, real nice people, I would certainly call them if I needed my DNA sampled or whatever. I scurried back to my corner where my friends, the mechanic, teacher, swimming pool(s) owner were sitting for some talk I could understand. I wiped the drool off my chin and hung out with the laughter brigade.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals