Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Bitchy 8 year olds!

High School musical fans came and played, they had a great time. Ry enjoyed her birthday. I think it really helps that she is oblivious to the bunch of bitches that populate her grade. Unfortunately I am not. One incident that really left a sour taste, we had picture frame mattes for the kids to sign and put messages on. This nasty kid came up to one of the other kids, who happens to be one of her very close friends, and said ever so sweetly "I just wrote the sweetest message for Ryan and signed your name". The other kid went to read whatever the bitchy one wrote, I did not see it but she crosses it out in black marker. Its funny but the bitchy one has always been difficult, Ry and her have been in a playgroup since they were 18months old. She was never crazy about Ry and I think it is so embedded in her that she can't get past it. Its sad because her mom is one of the sweetest people you will ever meet, her siblings are popular over achievers and well thought of by all the people I know with kids of the same age. I know part of the issue when they were babies is that bitchy's mom would always say to her, why can't you be as good as Ryan, Ry has always been so incredibly good and kind. Now whenever bitchy's mom see Ryan she always gasps and says how beautiful Ryan is. Her daughter is often within earshot. This kid is mean to a whole array of kids but Ry seems to get right under her skin. Its a relief that Ry is oblivious, she really does not even notice, I guess its the one time that living in your own world pays off big time!!!

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals