Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Monday, June 26, 2006

Devastated...............

Devastated barely scratches the surface of how Nikki feels, she is so sad right now and I want her to feel the sadness to wallow in it, to be able to feel it so she can mourn and move on. She has finished Kindergarden and is just beside herself. She can't bare the thought of leaving her safe haven and moving to First Grade. Not only is she not ready to be a "big" kid but she is also not ready to leave her class and her teacher. Nikki is a little magnet for people and she attracts the most wonderful friends. Theya re loyal to her as she is to them. I think a big part in this process is that she left her pre-K class, which she loved, it was filled with great kids and a warm loving teacher. Once she left she never saw her friends from Pre-K. The biggest loss was her friend Sydney whose mom lost interest in keeping the friendship alive once she moved to Old Brookville, and lives ina beautiful home on over 2acres. She no longer wants her daughter sullied by the likes of us. Its a pity because the kid shad a very special bond but she can't socialize on this side of the tracks anymore. I think for Nikki change means losing all you love and its good but only for a short while. We won't get the class lists until the end of August, a few days before school starts, I can't make her feel better by letting her know who will be there for next years adventure, so for now she will just be sad. And I won't stand in her way, I will just be the one to wipe the tears, hold her tight and let her know that there is one safe port in the emotional storm, right here with me.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals