Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Friday, August 18, 2006

And...........

Friday, July 14th
A day of non-stop running, meeting with jewellers, ordering gifts for Josh from hawkers in the street, Stopped at Steers for one of the vilest hamburgers I have ever had, they used to be one of my favourites as we headed out to get Ninnette (my sister) from the airport). Hit the supermarket, whipped up a yummy shabbat meal, my kids love the fish in SA and fried or baked Hake is a treat and a half.
Its so nice being in a place where people are so helpful, my mom's glasses got broken and her optometrist in SA faxed it through to her with a smile and they did not even charge me for the overseas call which costs a fortune there.
Nin and I played scrabble which had always been one of my favourite games, I whipped her little butt - it was great to play it again. Ry slept with Nin and I got little Zola Bud in my bed, I swear the kid does not stop running for a minute!!!

Saturday, July 15th
Had an 8am appt. at BMW, the cars central locking is not running right and it just drives funny, the mechanic takes it for a drive and says it is the shocks I need to have them tested at 8am on Monday morning, before we head out to Sun City. The Vaal is such a magical place, my folks place is attached to what was the Riviera Hotel. The have a huge outdoor enetertainment area with jungle gyms, an obstacle course, a trampolene and even swimming pools, all right on the banks of the Vaal river. It also happens to team with kids during the day and we had an array of kids walking in and out the house, Kaylen, Tiffany and Jasmine became regulars, for lunch tea, snacks, the kids even went to BBQ's/braais at night without me. Happiness my au pair has a great way with kids and really helped them have an unbelievable time.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals