Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Friday, September 15, 2006

Hairspray!!!!

My dad is a tough act to follow, he is an unbelievable man and father. He was always cooking up surprises when we were kids, whether it was telling us to pack for warm weather and then whisking us away to Mauritius or Durban or one of the many adventures he has given us throughout our lives. The theatre has always been a big part of that too, I remember going as a kid, he would take his three girls, sometimes my mom would joing us and others it would just be him and the three of us. We would dress up in our shiny black shoes with the gold buckles, our knee high white socks and hats and gloves, always dressed to the hilt. At intermission he would buy us each our own bog of black magic chocolates. We felt so grown up and special. Last night was one of those nights.

One of the wonders of living in NY is going to Broadway. I love the theatre and wish it weren't so dang expensive. Last night my dad took his girls, my mom, my sister and I to see Hairspray. Wow! It was so great, the music was fab the cast and crew gave their all and we all had a big smile pasted on our faces!! Dinner was at Foley's Fish House, it is on the second floor of the Renaissance Hotel, right in the heart of Time Square our view was spectacular and as always it was so special spending time with my folks and my sister, Heidi. I feel so lucky to have them be a part of my life.

Unfortunately it was another late night. I swear since I got back to NY I have hit the ground running. I have really given myself permission to play. I have been working long hours and the nights have been meeting friends after the kids are asleep, unfortunately my work hours have been so nutty that I have barely seen the kids, not finishing closings until 8pm and then meeting friends for dinner or going out for coffee with them. I am looking forward to a no plans weekend where we have plenty of stuff to do but with the kids. I have really missed them, the flipside has been connecting with the side of me that is silly and fun and does not take life so seriously, ahhh to finally have people around me who know how to laugh!!

I am playing hookie today to go hang out with my sister and my nephew, Jo Jo the dog bite kid. I swear Jo Jo is the funniest cute, adorable as all hell bot trouble with a capital T. He has spent so much time in the emergency room that Heid is nervous that the Dr's might start an investigation. She was doing some last minute shopping on her whirlwind trip to South Africa, got a call to rush back to the house as Jo Jo had been bitten by a dog, no scrap the house meet Stephen (her hubby) at the hospital. Let me tell you this Joseph is one lucky kid, the dog did a great chomp job and if he had chomped his eye a bit harder, well Little Joseph would have ... well you know. Anyway, covered in stitches, they grabbed the kids and ran for the airport. There's nothing like a sedatives to knock a kid out for a long flight! Poor Heid, payback is a tough thing!!!

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals