Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Black Dahlia and then some ............

The worst movie of the year is undoubtably Black Dahlia. My sister and I made the mistake of seeing it this weekend. A friend of mine could not be saved and saw it yesterday, she regretted it too. Save the money, seriously. Slow, boring and pointless really.

The weekend was great though, amazing for Joey the chew toy kid ( you can read about the dog bite incident in Friday's post) and the girls really got to hang out and play. He is completely edible (as the dog already demonstrated), what a cutie pie. Wish they lived closer so the kids could spend more time together.

My mom watched the kids Saturday Nigt so that Heid and I could waste money on the Black Dahlia and do some last minute shopping.

Sunday they left early, we woke up late, the kids ate freshly baked bagels which Josh ran out to get for them, and they spent the whole day in their PJ's playing downstairs in their playroom. Except for a few minor spats they were so good and had an amazing time. I spent the day baking cakes and kichel for the upcoming Jewish New year, our New Year is going to be so sweet it will send everyone into a diabetic coma!!

At around 4pm we started getting ready to go to a BBQ that started at 4pm. Now if you know anything about Josh and I we are the most punctual people you will ever meet. 15 minutes early is considered on time for us. I called Loren to tell her that we have been slugs and will be late. No problem she said, I am still at the store, lol, guess its just as well we were late. She had a huge crowd and we had a great time, it was an awesome BBQ/Braai, although I must say the never ending appetizers killed the main course for me, I was stuffed. Yum!!!

Monday I spent the day with my folks, running some errands they needed to do and we went for an amazing lunch at a Deli with the slowest service and best hot beef on Rye. Cooked some more for Friday, hope no-one is eating this week. We'll have 24 people here - and I want them all to come hungry and leave so full.

Tuesday Deb called me to play Hookie, so I did. We bought awesome stuff to decorate our tables, cornicopia's (sp?) flowers, etc. It was a blast followed by our favourite PF Changs for lunch, we are addicted to their lettuce wraps and salt and pepper calamari. Afterwards I paid a Shiva call to a friend who is 48 and just lost her Grandmother. How amazing is that? Followed by an evening of Mah Jongg. Busy day, lots of time being a social butterfly. Love that. Of course had to do homework and carpool between it all, and the kids did a great job helping me set out the table.

It's the first time I am having Rosh Hashanah in my home. I'ts always been the exclusive domain off my mom, who does a spectacular job of creating unbelievable meals, never making the same dish twice. Her cooking is legendary and she is a tough act to follow. This year is the first time that neither Heid, stephen and the boys or Nin will be able to attend. My mom's heart was not in it. Her nephew, my uncle and their families could not make it either, so when we looked at the guest list it turned out to be all my family, my friends and my mom doing all the catering did not make sense. So I am trying to keep the baton going.

L'Shana Tova everyone! Happy New Year!!

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals