Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Monday, May 15, 2006

Mothers Day

Yesterday was Mother's day. It is a great day to acknowledge a truly remarkable woman. My mom. I truly admire my mother and think she is true lady. My parents have always been unbelievably supportive throughout my life and one of the strongest anchors I could ever hope to have. My mom is a lady who makes things happen, she goes out of her way to make sure everyone around her is happy, never putting herself first. Many is the time that someone mentions a certain food that they love or object that they always wanted , when the next time they see her it is magically there. She works so hard, getting up at 5am to cook her kids favourite meals, babysitting my kids every weekend from Friday through Sunday so that Josh and I could have time to connect. As a result her grandkids adore her and they view their time at Gugga's house as "the best", Josh and I call it camp Ruth. She has them cooking, crafting, she even lets them clean out cupboards and makes it seem like fun. She has incredible patience. I made her a plate last year that says... Great mothers get promoted to Grandmothers. She is a great mom and I am so thankful to all that she has done and continues to do. Thanks mom, Happy Mother's Day.

I could not do a post without acknowledging the moms whom I admire in my life.......
My sister Heid who has two remarkable boys, she has grown into an incredible woman who makes me really proud to love.
My friend Dee who has a remarkable approach to life an parenthood.
My friend Deb who has taught me how to chill out and just let the kids get dirty and have fun. Who is the only other nutter who lets her daughter paint her whole body with sidewalk paint.
My cousin Laura who reminded me how much fun it was for kids to make mudpies and has helped me chill out with the kids.
To all those who do what we do and support eachother unconditionally.... Supermom, Wenchy, Broom Girl, what a lot of fun, angel at home
Happy Mother's Day to you all.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals