Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Sunday, May 07, 2006

A point to ponder.........

I am watching Nicholas's Gift, its based on a true story, a movie starring Jamie Lee Curtis, it brings up a heart wrenching topic that I wonder where your thoughts take you. For me it just opens a floodgate of tears and fears. The premis of the movie is a child is waiting for a heart transplant. As the mother of the recipient, how do you pray for your child to live as another child has to die to be a donor. As the parent of a potential donor how do you allow doctors to cut up your child to save another?? Its funny, before kids it would be a sad movie now as a mom I feel devastated, its like a black fog has enveloped me with a sadness that I can't escape. One hears stories of recipients who acquire the tastes of their donors, staunch vegetarians who now have a craving for beef, candy lovers being repulsed by sugar. In that there is the only hope I would ever grab if I was ever, G-d forbid, tu tu tu, in a position like that because there would be hope that a piece of you, the piece of you that makes you whole as a parent, the piece that is your child, lives on through another.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals