Brotter_Blogger

A South African, married to an American, finally adapting to my adopted country. I love life, laughter, good friends and the warmth that my two kids have filled me with. I glory in the colors of my life and am grateful for the gray days as they allow me to appreciate the rainbows.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

Music Video Codes - MySpace Layouts

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Proud as punch..........

Hate that saying but if the hat fits. Sheesh I ma one big cliche today. Yesterday was Ry's biography day at school - she was Harriet Tubman and I must say she did a great job. Harriet Tubman was a runaway slave who saved over 300 slaves. As luck would have it we happen to have a whole stash of moth eaten dresses which were Josh's step-grandmother's when she was a child. The woman is well into her 90's. It was the perfect outfit for Ry and she stole the show.

The day Ry was placed in Ms. Siper's class I have to say the stars alligned and all fell into place. Her teacher has an incredible understanding of Ry and who she is. She is a no nonsense woman but has the ability to see into the kids and bring out their special spark. I am so grateful after Ry's harrowing year last year she ended up in Ms. Siper's capable hands.

Tuesday night Nikki got all dressed up for her recital pictures - she looks so cute and I had so much fun putting make up on her. It brought me back to my days at Anne Carstens Dance studio, Anne put on a production that was incredible. There was a mother, Mrs. Katay who would make all the costumes for the whole school, they would cost a fortune but the effect was wow!! We won many competitions. Nikki has been dragged though dance school, she wants to do more free play and hang out with her buddies but I must admit this one is for me, I so want to see her onstage in that cute barbie outfit with that big silly Nikki smile. She is such a delicious creature. This will be the last year of dance as taking her has been hell, the other moms might stage a mutiny if I enroll her for next year. Nikki has this infectious energy that gets all these little people acting silly. Ahhh Nikki Noodles.

Blockbuster DVD Rentals
Blockbuster DVD Rentals